Thursday, January 7, 2010

My baby was honored

As I was sitting watching the memorial clips for officer Kent Mundell the other day I couldn't help but think of my little baby Timothy. If you weren't aware of it, Mr. Mundell and the other 4 officers who were so brutally killed after Thanksgiving were all taken care of and watched over at Mount View Cemetery. This is where my baby is resting today.

Mr. Mundell was being carried in a white hurse, one of the same ones that carried one of the four officers in Tacoma and one of the same ones that carried my little baby.

The people at the cemetery treated my little precious baby the same way they treated the officers who served and died for the people of Washington State. They took care of him and guarded his body and drove him in a beautiful white hurse to his resting site. They did all of this without hesitation with love for me and my family as well as for my son. And they did all this for free.

Strangers lined the streets to give honor and to pay respect to the officers. Hundreds of people were at the memorials even though they had never met the officers themselves. And they will forever be remembered by their friends and family. Being honored means being respected.
My son to was honored by strangers just for being my baby and he is forever remembered by his loved ones. I am just amazed by the love and the respect the people at Mount View gave us and gave our son.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was really impressed by them too! It was really touching when the funeral director brought the blanket out and put it on Logan. They were wonderful. Praying for you!
(oops just realized I'm signed in as Ryan, but it's amy)

tscarter7 said...

They really are wonderful there. Hugs to you. love, susan