Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lizzy's birth

I haven't had the time to write about Elizabeth's birth until now. It won't be a long one though, I'm doing this while Alainna and Lizzy sleep. I had so many pre labor pains it was hard to tell what was real and what wasn't. What is funny is my midwife came over on the 12th and I was dialated to a 4 so she broke my water at about 7:55 pm. Then we watched 24. I kept having contractions but nothing hurt and I couldn't even feel them. When 24 was over she checked me and I was at a 6 and 90% effaced. After she checked me the hard contractions started. Unfortunatly she got stuck just a bit like my other kids did. But we worked her out. She was born 2 and a half hours after the hard contractions started. This was the quickest delivery yet (and the last, Lord willing). I felt bad, I didn't want to hold her when they placed her on my belly. I was affraid I was going to drop her I was shaking so bad from the afterbirth. But boy am I glad its over. She is a joy. She sleeps great, her eating is not easy for either of us, she has a small mouth. But it will get better. We love her a ton.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations again! I'm glad it went quickly! :)