Friday, March 6, 2009

Edgewood Bible Church Missions Conference

I have been wanting to write about the missions conference this last weekend, but life is so busy when you have little ones, (imagine that). The missions conference at my church has always been the highlight of the year for me. This year was just as wonderful and enriching as always. I've been attending Valley Bible church for 18 years, this Summer, and each year the conference gets better and better. This year was my favorite speaker, Vincent Price. He has such a love for the unsaved. It reminded me that my tears have been wasted on selfish needs and wants. I pray everyday that my heart would be broken for the unsaved and that I would take every opportunity to share God's Word with them.
Another thing I am going to pray for is that our church would be emptied of its people. Strange I know. I pray that EBC would be filled with new faces and all the people who attend there now would be out in the mission field with full support sharing the Good News of Christ. Of course there is a huge need here for missions but that is what the new people would be doing, ministering here in Pierce County.
I was a bit disappointed by the Sunday evening service. Where was everyone? I know Pastor Frank, where am I every Sunday evening..... I do have a very good excuse and anyone can ask me about it. But this was a time when the missionaries asked for specific prayer needs. This also was a time when the church came together to send each missionary out into the field. This "field" is not sweet but it is a bitter world. We need people to be praying for us! We need to be encouraged. Even the missionaries who are serving here in our state and in our area need encouragement. Please don't forget about us. Marlene and I have been confronted by people who don't want us in their schools or even at the fairs. I have had someone call my home and threaten me because of the clubs in the schools. It is not easy and we struggle spiritually and emotionally everyday. But praise be to God for His continued strength. We can lean on Him and go to Him for encouragement through His Word and prayer. I love my Lord and I know that He loves me.
I plan to attend another missions conference this Sunday and I can't wait to meet knew people and to share our ministry with them.
I also need prayer for our finances. I really need to raise more support. If you are interested in supporting me in my ministry you can send a check to CEF PO Box 444, Tacoma, WA 98401 and write Janice on the Memo line.
We are also having our Spring Banquet on March 12th at Immanuel Celebration in Tacoma. Its actually a brunch this year from 10am to 12pm. Please call if you want to join us 253-227-9042.
And last, don't forget to pray for the church to be strong and faithful to God.

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Love the new look! REally cute!
I missed most of the Missions Conference due to my car accident, but what I was there for, I enjoyed (other than being in pain). Vincent Price is always a blessing! Praying for you!