Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


As I sit here and think of what to write, I cannot help but think of all the mom's and dad's who have mourned a child. My heart breaks for each one as it is breaking over the loss of my own baby. The kind words that everyone has said is so much appreciated by Rob and I, but to be honest, only God can comfort me right now. I miss not feeling my baby move and I miss not being able to hold him and love him as only a mother can. My little Timothy went home to be with our Lord on December 1, 2009. He was only 19 weeks in my womb but he will be in our hearts forever. He was very healthy and growing to be very strong. He moved around so much that he ended up puting a knot in his ambilical cord. God's Word says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is for both me and my baby. God had a plan for me to carry my son for a short time. I don't know why but I don't need to question His plans, for according to His Word they are good. God's plan for my son goes so well with the verse I just quoted from Jeremiah, my son is in heaven with Christ with no harm, with pure hope and an eternal future with Him.
We are so blessed with all the family and friends who have helped us through this hard time. My words of thanks cannot compare to your prayers and gifts of love. Many of you have given us food on days when I can't even think of what to feed my family. And so many have shared cards and prayers that I just hold dear to my heart. We have also been blessed with those who have given us gifts of money to help pay for the marker for little Timothy. We now have enough to purchase it and will be doing this tomorrow. This is months earlier than we could have hoped for.
On Friday the 11th we laid our little Timothy Alan to rest at Mount View Cemetary in Lakewood. This wonderful cemetary allowed us to rest our child there for free. They paid for the chapel, casket, plot, program and a book showing us who came to mourn with us. We could not have done this without their kindness. My dear friend Liz found them on the internet when we didn't even know what to do with our little boy. God is so good to give us a friend in Liz and a beautiful place for our boy's body to sleep until Christ comes. We know his soul is already in the arms of Jesus. He is with his sibling who we lost between Colton and Alainna. We didn't know what sex that baby was but they were loved just as much as all my other children. We never named that baby because we didn't know if it was a boy or girl. Rob and I both came up with the same name to name it though just the other day. We both thought of Grace, God's Word says, "my Grace is sufficent for you". We know that He will sustain us until His return.
What an awesome God we serve. If you are reading this and you do not know the true and wonderful Grace of God then email me and I would love to talk to you about how you can know Him. I would not be able to go on day to day without Him.
I am also so blessed to have my husband and my children. My four beautiful children have been so wonderful these last couple of weeks. They have wanted more hugs and kisses than usual and have kept me busy so I am not able to dwell on my loss and wollow in my sorrow. Oh to know Christ and to be able to live and move on, remembering my baby and knowing that I WILL see him again one day. This makes me sing praises and celebrate my Lord. What a mighty God we serve.

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

I'm sending you hugs right now! I am praying and praying and praying for you! Love you!!!!