Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Downword spiral or Slump?

Lately I have been in a slump. Some people would says its depression but I don't think so, I have even called it that but I still get up and enjoy my kids. I cannot wait for summer. I need to be out of this house. We have been so sick lately that we have made it to church only once in the last two months. I have no physical fellowship with other believers except at MOPS which is not often enough. I am without a fellow Believer for mostly 24 days a month. I do talk to my dear friend Liz often during the week. But I need to BE with people who love the Lord, I need to be encouraged face to face. I have a lot of things going on in my personal life that need prayer and support. Whether I share these things or not I just need to know that God's people are there.
So, on the next nice day. If you don't have plans let's take our children to the zoo. I'm not talking to anyone in particular but to everyone. If you feel the same blah from the rain and the sickness of winter then lets find a day and get out of the house. Even if you don't have kids you can come. I think I just need to laugh with other moms, watch my children make friends and just fellowship with other Believers.
Does this sound like fun? It does to me.

6 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

Great idea! If we are are free, on that nice day, we're in! We even have a zoo pass! :)
Praying for you and love you!

Michelle said...

Ditto Amy- we have a zoo pass too, and would love to go with you! I'm sorry you're having difficulties. Life is challenging enough with multiple small kids, even when everyone's healthy & there's nothing else hard going on! I know you have so much on your plate. I am still praying for you!

Liz said...

You're right about needing to be with other Christians who can encourage and who you can be an encouragment to. You've been through some very trying times the last few months (Timothy, family and personal illness, etc). It's understandable how you feel. Just continue to go to the Lord for strength and consolation. You have alot of us who love you and are praying for you and your family. I for one will be here for you no matter what. So, let's go to the Zoo! I've never been, so, you can show me your favorite spots. I always love seeing you and your beautiful kids.

Janice said...

I'm so glad you all want to go. I'm getting year passes the next time we go, so Liz you can be my guest. I love the zoo.

Amanda Hug'n Kiss said...

As I have said before, you are welcome to join our evening MOPS group as well as your daytime group. My have childcare available, but most people can leave the kids home because it's in the evening.
And I would describe your "slump" as part of the grief process, not depression. just keep going and God will help you work out of this phase.
"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step"
C. S. Lewis

Janice said...

Thanks Mandi, But I can't do anything in the evenings. That's the only time I have to see my husband and talk to him. We don't talk at all for about 12 hours during the day, so I have to be with him.