Saturday, December 4, 2010

Attempting to be frugal

We have always struggled with money like everyone else. But now with owning our first home and having 5 children to raise, we are now trying to pinch pennies as much as possible. We have always had debt in some since or another, with car loans and student loans and credit cards we are pouring out more money to banks than to our own pockets. We're not hurting in the billfold but we also don't have much of a savings.

This month I am determined to save our family money in ways I have only dreamed of. Of course this is a good month to start. We have a large check coming to us from the VA and will use that to pay off one of two credit cards we have. But with that aside I want to see how far we can stretch an average paycheck. My husband gets paid weekly and I get paid monthly so we have come up with a budget to fit our needs. I hope you have the ambition as we do to stretch the dollar and see where you can save and how you can become debt free.

No comments: