Monday, December 13, 2010

Finding the cheapest deals

Yesterday was a one day sale on Spiral ham at Safeway. We are having Christmas at our new house this year, so we're expecting about 16 people (mostly Rob, me and the kids). The sale was for half hams or whole. I didn't see any whole ones so I thought I would get a half and then my parents could get a half for me, but I talked to the meat guys and I got a whole ham for .99 a pound. I'm so thrilled. The thing is huge.
I think Amy will be proud of me. I also went to Albertsons and bought $26 worth of stuff for $6. I even got two items for free without using the double dollars. I plan to go back for more today. My Albertsons only let's you do a couple of transactions at a time.
I think I did pretty good. I do have to say though, we have spent way more this week than I had planned on but it all goes to Christmas and I have to think of it that way.

1 comment:

God Made Playdough said...

Yay! I am proud of you! :) I didn't make it out to do any of my doublers. :(