Friday, December 17, 2010

My dear friend Toni




I had my first baby back in 1995. When I found out I was pregnant I was petrified. I was a single woman of 22 with no chance for a boyfriend let alone a husband. I had no idea what to do. I went to a Dr to find out what would be next and if the home test was accurate. Well, it was accurate, without a doubt. The other bad thing was that the Dr was mean and rude. I was scared and I didn't know what to do. At the same time, my sister-in-law was pregnant and she was going to a midwife. Well, I finally told my family and I went to see Toni. I will tell you that Toni took what was a terrifying and tragic time to me and turned it into a wonderful experience of motherhood. Each time I went to my appointments she greeted me with a hug and a kiss. I was accepted and forgiven by a woman I now consider a huge part of my family. She has been with me through so much with my children. She has been a shoulder to cry on when my two babies passed away and even took the time to come to my little Timothy's funeral. She has laughed at my silliness and didn't bat an eye at my words when the pain would be so intense I wanted to die. She has delivered all 5 of my babies, I count the last one even though I went to the hospital because she did all the work not the doctors or nurses. She loves my children as though they were her own. I will never forget going to her 50th anniversary with her husband and the children at her feet while they danced together. This is exactly how I have always thought of Toni. She loves people and especially children. She has the kindest heart of anyone I have ever met. If you don't know my midwife Toni then you are missing out on a heart of gold.
I am telling you all of this because my dear friend has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig disease and it is progressing very quickly. Please pray for her that she will not suffer too much pain and that she would give her final days and weeks to Christ. She loves the Lord, I know this much to be true. But please pray for her and for her family. She has 10 children herself and many grandchildren and great grandchildren. She has an abundance of friends and loved ones who have been touched by her in all different ways.
I love you miss Toni, your in my thoughts and my prayers daily.

5 comments:

Momofthree said...

Toni sounds like a wonderful person! I'd love to have a midwife like here, but midwives aren't allowed in IL.

Mike and Misty said...

You left a comment on my blog a while back. Though we have never meet, we both have precious baby boys with the Lord. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. And it is wonderful to know that one day, though never again on this earth but oneday we will know our boys. Though we live for 2 more days or 50 more years...the time is surely drawing closer. May the Lord bless you and your family.
Misty Risse

Mike and Misty said...

I was able to burry Levi at a National Cemetery since my husband is currently active duty....He has been in for 12 years. Yes, the thought of moving is sad...but God's peace is wonderful.

Liz said...

Thank you Janice for sharing your heart about the beautiful relationship God has given you with Toni. I really enjoyed reading your blog and it has motivated me to pray even more. Praise the Lord for His Providence in leading us to those who He uses as instruments of His grace unto us. May we all be used by God in this way as well. God be with you!

Liz said...

Love the photos! Looks like you all had a happy time of fellowship!